We are very proud to launch the brand new Get Yourself Active website for people who want to get active and those who want to support them. You can discover a range of useful information to help you navigate your way through the world of physical activity, sport and personalisation.
The website is unique because it gives users the information they need to start to think about incorporating physical activity and sport into the support plan and perhaps using their personal budget to pay for activities, support, transport etc. to take part. The idea is that we give disabled people and those that support them the tools to ensure that they have choice and control when it comes to being active.
Here are some tips to get you started on the website;
- Follow the paths on the homepage, these should help you to go to the right parts of the website for the information you need whether you are a disabled person, health or social care professional or physical activity provider.
- Amongst other things there are some useful downloadable resources under the Information tab including Getting Active and the Care Act, Using personal budgets and personal health budgets to get active and Disabled People’s User Led Organisations
- You can also find out about what’s available to you locally by going to our Information in your local area section
- Check out our News & Blog tab for Personal experiences from disabled people getting active and using their personal budget, Get Yourself Active team insights and thought pieces from friends of the project
- You can also find out more about our delivery partners in the About tab which also gives some information on why it is important to have choice and control when being active.
We will be adding lots of new content as part of the launch over the next few weeks so please follow us on twitter @GetYrselfActive to stay up to date!