Friday 26 May 2017
InstructAbility and Leicestershire Centre for Integrated Living are joining forces to offer free fitness industry training and qualifications for disabled and unemployed people.
You will be offered a three month industry work placement with community outreach to get more disabled people physically active. Gym placemnets in Leicester will be organised by LCiL.
- Disabled and unemployed
- 16 years + (no maximum age) with gym user experience
- Can commit to all training dates and 3 month voluntary placement
- Able to use own lived experience of disability and exercise to motivate and inspire others
- Able to work at Level 2 (GCSE) theory standard
- Willingness to undertake outreach activities in local community
All training will take place at Peepul Enterprise, Orchardson Avenue, Leicester, LE4 6DP.
Selection & Enrolment: Monday 12th June 2017 9.00am – 5.00pm
Full attendance required for all Training Dates (approx. 10.30am – 4.30pm).
July: 03, 05, 07, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28, 31. August: 04, 21, 23, 25.
September: 01, 04, 06, 08.
Placements are available at various gyms in Leicester. Placements will be decided after enrolment and will commence towards the end of training.