Tuesday 5 September 2017
Disability Rights UK and partners are holding a series of events across the country to share the learning from the Get Yourself Active (GYA) project. Project partners will share their experiences of developing better opportunities for disabled people to be more active. They will highlight their success through partnership work with disabled people’s user led organisations, social care, health and sport sector organisations. If this is your area of work, you can sign up for an event near you today.
About the event
- Listen to presentations from GYA partners about their experience of coproducing with and for disabled people.
- Learn about our key findings from evaluation and research carried out in partnership with OPM and the University of Birmingham.
- Discuss how you might be involved in developing these approaches locally with colleagues from different sectors.
A full agenda, including the list of speakers will be available soon.
Areas of interest
- Personal budgets, personal health budgets and the Care Act
- Coproduction in design, development and delivery of physical activity and sport locally
- The role of disabled people’s user led organisations in engaging with inactive disabled people
- Outcomes of physical activity around independence, choice and control, health and wellbeing and community connections
Who should attend?
These events are for you if you are from a Disabled People’s User Led Organisation (DPULO), the health or social care sectors, or the sports sector, and you have an interest in early intervention and prevention approaches through physical activity, personalisation, co-production and involvement and wellbeing outcomes.
North West – Manchester, 27 September 2017, 09.30 – 13.30
East – Peterborough, 2 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
Yorkshire – Leeds, 9 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
South West – Bristol, 10 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
South East – Southampton, 17 October 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
East Midlands – Leicester, 2 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
North East – Newcastle Upon Tyne, 9 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
West Midlands – Telford, 15 November 2017, 10.00 – 14.00
We hope you can join us for a morning of interesting presentations and discussions, followed by a networking lunch. Find out more from Kirsty Mulvey, Engagement and Research Officer at Get Yourself Active by calling 020 7250 8112 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org