Friday 13 October 2017
Adapted Sports Course at Cherry Hinton Village LC – 16th November 2017
Disability Sports Coach is delivering an ‘Adapted Sports Course – coaching disabled people’ with to 20 spaces available. The course is ideal for coaches, support workers, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people, who want to make sport or activities inclusive.
The course covers both theory and practical experiences including:
- An introduction to disability awareness
- Practical experience of Paralympic an Adapted Sports such as Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat & New Age Kurling including setting up and using the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios
- Principles of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks
The course is fully accredited by SkillsActive and all attendees receive an Adapted Sport Training Guide and a certificate of attendance on the day.
- Thursday 16th November from 11.30 – 5pm
- Cherry Hinton Village Leisure Centre, Coville Road, Cherry Hinton, Cambridge, CB1 9EJ
- £130 + booking fee