7 September 2018
A talented Senior Project Officer / Community Project Manager who believes in the value of getting people active, is needed to join us.
You can expect an exciting role, visiting areas of the county, facilitating new relationships while project managing our Special Olympics Gloucestershire, Short Breaks for Disabled People and Older Adults Peer Support programmes.
Experience within physical activity / sports is not required, in fact, we would actively encourage applications from candidates who have not always loved sport or physical activity themselves but can demonstrate the ability to motivate, engage and empower everyone to get active every day.
Reporting to the Physical Activity Specialist for Older Adults/Disabled People, the Senior Project Officer / Community Project Manager will take the lead on the effective delivery, monitoring and evaluation of a range of funded programmes. On a day-to-day basis expect to build effective relationships with a range of organisations, manage budgets, attend networking events, contribute to training events, prepare reports, develop a sustainability plan, share learning, arrange and coordinate meetings, activities and events, identify opportunities to grow and anything else necessary to ensure the successful delivery of specific community programmes that target those who are least active.
To qualify … You could be a Senior Project Officer / Community Project Manager or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience, at grass roots level, engaging underrepresented groups in new activities;
- Project management experience across a number of projects;
- An understanding of the barriers and enablers to physical activity;
- Experience of managing finances and budgets;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities, troubleshoot and meet deadlines;
- The ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with a range of organisations;
- A personal commitment to the vision and values of Active Gloucestershire.
Due to the nature of the role you will need to have a full UK Driving Licence or the ability to get around the county.
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Project Officer / Community Project Manager to make a real difference to people’s lives and our success.
Closing date: Friday 21st September
Interview date: w/c 1st October (exact date tbc)
To apply please see our website: