20 September 2018
Published by Activity Alliance
For too long, disabled people’s representation in senior roles and on boards within the sporting sector has remained low. Activity Alliance wants to understand the professional aspirations of disabled people and what support we could offer to enable more disabled people to pursue senior roles. This includes senior management and board membership, within the sport and active recreation sectors. To do this, we are calling upon disabled people and people with long-term health conditions to share their experiences and views.
The survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete. We will not ask for any information that could identify you. Your answers will be used for research purposes, including understanding what might help disabled people to pursue leadership positions, as well as to develop a training opportunity. We may also use answers, including direct responses, to promote any support we develop in this area. Participation is voluntary. We will follow the Market Research Society Code of Conduct in undertaking this survey.
Activity Alliance has brought together an expert working group to support the project’s development. They are:
- John Amaechi OBE – Chief Executive, Amaechi Performance Systems and Activity Alliance Vice President
- Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson – Crossbench Peer and Activity Alliance President
- Jim Chaplin – Chief Executive, Sports Recruitment International (SRI)
- Dr Phil Friend OBE – Consultant and Activity Alliance Vice Chair
- Genny Cotroneo – BBC Get Inspired Producer and Activity Alliance Trustee
- Liz Davidson – Head of Engagement, British Shooting
- Andy Dalby-Welsh – Deputy Chief Executive, Activity Alliance
- Sarah Brown-Fraser – Marketing and Communications Manager, Activity Alliance
If you have any questions about the survey or would like support to complete the survey, please contact Elliott Johnson, Research and Insight Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 200 5441.
If you have any queries about this potential programme, please contact Sarah Brown-Fraser, Marketing and Communications Manager, at email@example.com or on 0161 228 2868.