Thursday 18th July 2019
UK active is recruiting a new Head of Inclusion to work at its offices in London. The Head of Inclusion role will empower the physical activity sector to ensure disabled people feel equipped and welcomed to be physically active.
- Job title: Head of Inclusion
- Department: Public Affairs, Communications and Research
- Reporting to: Director of Public Affairs, Communications and Research
- Location: ukactive offices, London
- Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
ukactive is a not-for-profit body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Our focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
We are working with Sport England to leverage our assets and have a positive impact on the physical activity of the nation, across five key investment areas. The Head of Inclusion role will form part of this Lottery funded programme to empower the physical activity sector to ensure disabled people feel equipped and welcomed to be physically active.
Working closely with the sector, you will lead on the delivery of the next phase of the ground breaking ‘Everyone Can’ report which captures the current barriers for disabled people to being active. You will then look to implement a series of recommendations to improve engagement with disabled people.
Evidence shows that disabled people are twice as likely to be inactive than non-disabled people, with nearly half (42%) of disabled people inactive per week compared to 21% of those with no disability.
- Taking the recommendations from the Everyone Can consultation into the next development phase to allow for testing on the identified themes – Physical Environment, Workforce and Training and Stimulating Demand
- Deliver at least five activation pilot projects to test news ways of working to produce a sustainable, replicable and scalable Everyone Can model
- Work closely with gyms and leisure operators to carry out comprehensive reviews of policies and guides that could impact the experience of a disabled person
- Work with relevant partners to review flexibility of job roles and improve the confidence of the workforce within the sector, to allow more time for customer care
- Build an accessible guide for the fitness and leisure sector that can be used during staff on boarding and training
- Initiate a data capture and collection process for disabled customers accessing gyms and leisure facilities
- Introduce a toolkit to indicate a clear process in which to engage with new and existing customers with a disability
- Make it easier for disabled people to access relevant information about their gym and leisure centre and activities available
- Measure success by working with the ukactive Research Institute, who are industry experts at analysing the reach, engagement and retention of new and existing customers
- Form part of key partnership governance including attendance at Partnership Operations Meetings
- Work closely with partnership management team including Programme Manager and Project Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant experience of working in disability and an understanding of the challenges in this field
- Exceptional organisational skills and time management
- Significant experience of relationship management with third parties, at a senior level, providing advice and building effective relationships to deliver shared outcomes
- Developed networking and influencing skills at a senior level, with a proven ability to influence the decision making of partner organisations
- Track record of delivering effective results in a timely manor
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills – with an eye for detail
- Self-motivated, confident and calm under pressure
- Relevant Project Management qualification
- Previously part of a senior leadership team
- Experience working in physical activity sector
To apply for this position, please email a CV and Cover Letter/Email to email@example.com with the reference UKACT/HOI/PACR/UKACT/072019
Cloing Date: Tuesday 30th July 2019